Oil Stop Valve
Dolor Sit Amet
AParkUSA® OilStop™ Valve (OSV) is a
device designed to prevent environmental
catastrophe in the event of an oil or
hydrocarbon spill. The OilStop meets EPA
Spill Control and Counter Measures (SPCC)
requirements. The patented, yet simple
passive design of the OSV is automatic and
requires little maintenance.
The OSV can be used to enhance the
operation of oil-water separators, inlets
basins, and spill containment vaults and
manholes. The OSV is an added assurance
of non-oily water discharge.
Dolor Sit Amet
- Standard Sizes from 4” to 14”
- Very reliable and long lasting
- Only periodic inspections needed
- New or retrofit applications
- Easy installation and maintenance
- Can be removed/replaced without
- Corrosion resistant designed for
- No electric power required
- Converts existing drains to
- OilStop Valve is protected by US Patent #9,963,358
The OilStop Valve functions by the buoyancy theory, and a
ballasted sphere is the only moving part. The sphere is
weighted with a specific gravity of 0.90 (floats in water;
sinks in oil). As long as the sphere is surrounded by water,
the sphere will float, opening the valve. However, in the
presence of oil or any fluid with a specific gravity less than
.90, the sphere will sink, closing the valve.
Normal Condition - Water Surrounds the sphere causing it to float; the valve is OPENED, allowing oil-free water to discharge. As oil starts to accumulate around the sphere, the sphere will sink lower.
Spill/High Oil Condition - Oil Surrounds the sphere causing it to sink; the outlet is CLOSED, preventing oil/water from discharging.
Removal and installation can be performed without entering the basin, avoiding the need for Confined Space Entry protocols.
- Good to use in MBPs
- Truck Terminals Railroads
- Low Impact Development