Acid Neutralization System - Model
Acid Neutralization System
•When plumbing drainage systems contain the discharge of corrosive, toxic and flammable wastes, special attention should be placed in treating the waste. Untreated waste can physically damage a building’s plumbing system as well as the environment. Hospitals, laboratories and industrial plants with this type of wastewater are common applications that require the treatment.
The ParkUSA LabTank® Neutralization Tank is designed so that acidic waste is collected and passed through the tank prior to discharging into the sanitary sewer system. The waste is chemically neutralized within the unit. It is important to note that the tank is an acid neutralizer. For optimal tank performance it is not recommended that acidic waste be further diluted prior to neutralization. Therefore, all acidic effluent should be gathered separately from other non-acidic waste and non-acidic waste should bypass the neutralization tank.
Dolor Sit Amet
- Sizes from 15 gallons to 5,000 gallons
- EPA & Code Compliant
- Choices of interior protective liners
- pH, Temperature. & Leak Detection Monitoring
- Prepacked system for easy installation
- High‐strength precast concrete, steel, or fiberglass construction
Wastewater neutralization operation occurs through a chemical process where acids and alkalis are neutralized, rendering them harmless. The degree of neutralization can be measured by the pH system (concentration of hydrogen ion). Acid pH values range from 0 to 6.99, a neutral solution is 7, and alkalis range from 7.01 to 14. The smaller the pH value, the higher the content of acidic waste. The larger the pH value, the higher the content of alkaline waste. The neutralization process occurs by the chemical reaction of calcium and magnesium carbonate with the acidic waste. The pH value is increased to 6.0 - 8.0. This range of pH in the neutralized effluent is generally acceptable for discharge into public sewer systems.
- Medical Facilities
- Middel School & High School Laboratories
- Universities Laboratories
- Industrial Labs
- Battery Storage Rooms
The LabTank is available with the following components:
- Neutralization Tank - The tank is a structurally designed and and chemical-proof structure containing the neutralization media. The tank is equipt with a gas-tight access cover that stands up to vehicle traffic loading.
- Neutralization Media - Our LabRox media is a 1"-3" size high-grade natural material with a high calcium carbonate equivalent content in excess of 95%. For a waste containing predominantly sulfuric acid, our LabRox HCL is recommended; A dolomitic limestone media containing a high percentage of magnesium carbonate in addition to the calcium carbonate.
- Monitoring - Automatic electronic monitoring provides for 24/7 environmental awareness for pH, Level, Temperature, and Leak Detection.
- Liners - Tank liners are available to provide the best fit for the application; HD Polyethylene, Polypropylene, Stainless Steel, and Ceramic Brick.
File Preview ⬎
Model ANT Neutralization System w/ pH Monitoring
Model ANT Neutralization System
Model ANTC Neutralization System
Model ANMS Neutralization System
Model ANPT Neutralization System