The ParkUSA® Lint interceptor is used in non-private establishments to remove excessive amounts of lint and silt that may interfere with the proper drainage and treatment of waste water. Local plumbing codes generally require the installation of a lint interceptor where there is a sufficient amount of waste material. Typical applications include commercial/institutional laundromats and dry-cleaners. The waste discharge from these facilities usually contains high quantities of lint, silt, dissolved and suspended solids, as well as detergents.
The unit is compliant with both UPC and IPC Plumbing Codes, these guidelines require the interceptor to be equipped with a debris screen, wire basket or similar device, removable for cleaning, that prevents string, rags, buttons and other materials ½ inch (12.7 mm) or larger from entering the public sewer system.
Click on below grey tab to see additional resources.
Current Lint Interceptor models are:
Model LTSC Lint Interceptor:
The ParkUSA Model LTSC Lint Interceptor is a wastewater lint separator featuring one and two compartments, each accessible via 24” diameter manways. A reusable & removable stainless-steel screen filter is contained in the effluent compartment to prevent solids from exiting into the public sewer system. All solids are detained inside the separator for removal by a waste disposal service. The separator can detain a large quantity of solid debris separator over extended amount of time. The Model LTSC Lint Interceptor is ideal for project applications that have no onsite maintenance personnel and maintained on an infrequent basis.
Model LTSSB Solids Interceptor:
The ParkUSA Model LTSSB Solids Interceptor is a wastewater solids separator featuring a compact design with a single compartment accessible via a 24” diameter manway. A removable & cleanable stainless-steel screen filter basket is contained within the compartment to screen and detain solids from the wastewater before the fluid exits into the public sewer system. The solids are removed and disposed of by removing the basket filter and emptying into a solid waste receptacle. After cleaning, the screen filter is placed back into the separator and placed back into service. The Model SSB Solids interceptor is designed for project applications that have onsite maintenance personnel, who can service the unit on a routine basis.
The lint interceptor is generally sized according to the local plumbing code. The different variables include number of washing machines, wastewater flow rate, wastewater detention time, storage factor, and detention time. Establishments with more than 30 washing machines need to have the lint interceptor sized by a Registered Professional Engineer.
This BMP for commercial laundromats has proven effective for over a quarter century. The method originated from established plumbing codes and has been utilized by many “Authorities Having Jurisdiction” (AHJ). For Laundromats, the equation to use is:
(TGC) x (CPH) x (RT) x (ST) = Size (gallons) of Interceptor
TGC = Total Gallons per Cycle
CPH = 2 Cycles Per Hour
RT = Retention Time
ST = Storage Factor
The ParkUSA Lint Interceptor presents the main components showed below:
- Stainless-Steel Screen Filter: the unit presents a stainless-steel screen filter whose design varies by product model. For the LTSC configuration, the filter is a basket device located at the outlet. And for the LTSSB variation, the screen filter occupies the whole sectional area of the unit, being in a “table” design and the flow going downward.
- Sensors: Indicate water level inside unit.
- Control Panel: The Control System consists of a panel that receives signal from the high-level sensor, it is programed for easy use for the end-user.
- Containments Vault: The shell of the unit can be constructed from Precast Concrete, Polyethylene, Fiberglass, or Steel. Model names and configurations vary by material.
- Pre-Engineered from 500-15,000 Gallons
- Precast Concrete, Polyethylene, Fiberglass or Steel Construction
- Above or Below Grade Installation
- Pedestrian or Traffic Rated
- Remote Maintenance Alarm
- Interior Liners Available
- Meets all Building Codes