Canal Valve (slide gate)
Slide Gate Valve assemblies help control the desired water level elevations in rivers, canals, wastewater treatment plants and recreational lakes and are found in engineering specifications for airports, fire departments, bus barns, city maintenance departments, agriculture facilities, chemical storage areas, fish hatcheries and equipment auction yards.
The ParkUSA Slide Gate Valve Assembly can be used in numerous applications on projects requiring Sluice and Slide gates, Channel Gates, Weir Gates, Flap Gates or Stop Logs. Applications include municipal waterworks and treatment facilities. Other applications include Irrigation Canals, Fish Hatcheries and Water Reservoirs.
Click on below grey tab to see additional resources.
The Slide Gate consists of a precast concrete basin, galvanized steel frame and bar grating, valves, and inlet/outlet pipe ranging from 8” to 48”, designed for reinforced concrete, corrugated metal, high density polyethylene, or PVC pipe materials.
ParkUSA can provide Slide gate, flap gate, or sluice gate valves constructed of cast iron, galvanized steel, stainless steel, or aluminum.
- High-Strength Precast Basin
- Heavy-Duty Aluminum Frames
- Galvanized Steel Bar Grating
- Heavy-Duty Cast-Iron Cover and Frame Ring
Oil Stop Valve
ParkUSA’s Oil Stop Valve (OSV) is a device whose design is based on gravity differential separation forces. It is a product used to stop the flow passing through a separator tank when the oil levels go over the permitted limit. The OSV functions by the buoyancy theory, a moving plastic sphere with specific gravity of 0.9 is used as a tool to stop the flow at the outlet. In water, the sphere will float and the flow is maintained continuous. However, when there is accumulation of oil around the sphere, the buoyant force will decrease and the sphere will tend to sink, this causes the obstruction of the outlet and the flow is stopped. Normally, the valve is closed when the oil level is at about 4’’ above the bottom of the float.
The Oil Stop Valve sizing will depend directly on piping size and on flow rate. See below Table:
|OSV Model||Piping Size (Inches)||Flow Rate (GPM)|
Special case-by-case models are available for configurations of piping and flow rate
The ParkUSA OSV possess the following components:
- Float, with design specific gravity of 0.9
- Float compartment, that contain the float and where the gravity-mechanical process takes place
- Piping, where the flow is directed
- Release cable, that holds the float so it can be manually released when needed
- Automatic gravity operation device
- Easy installation and maintenance
- High flow rate models available
- Material of construction is resistant to corrosion and tough environments
- Versatility to operate together with alarm and sensor systems
- Flexible design to work with different oil types
Current Oil Stop Valve models includes:
unit used in most types of separators, it treats low to medium flow rates (up to 400 GPM)
High Flow Model:
unit used for special engineered products, it treats high level flow rates